TPM hosts Restorative Justice Panel tonight!
No spoilers- tonight’s discussion will deal with the subject matter of the play, not the play itself!
Our current production, Dionysus In Stony Mountain by Steven Ratzlaff asks a raft of questions about our Justice System and what obligation we owe to others. It also asks the audience to question many of their own moral assumptions about criminalization and incarceration.
It’s a political play and a provocative subject that the community can engage with both inside the theatre and on the street. So we’re hosting a discussion, Salon style, down the street from the theatre at the Free Press Café, with the guidance of an expert panel and an outstanding moderator.
Restorative Justice Panel
Tuesday, April 3, 2012 at 6:30 pm
Winnipeg Free Press Café – 237 McDermot Avenue
Moderated by Naomi Levine
- John Hutton, Executive Director, John Howard Society
- Glenn Morison, Chaplain, Winnipeg Remand Centre
- Joan Carolyn, Program Director, CoSA (Circles of Support & Accountability)
- Adam Klassen, Journey to Justice (Mennonite Central Committee)
- Steven Ratzlaff, Playwright
- Wilma Derksen, Founder of MCC’s Victim’s Voice, Victim’s advocate
- Kent Somers, Psychologist, Stony Mountain Institution
Join the discussion!
Dionysus in Stony Mountain runs from March 29 to April 8, 2012 at the Rachel Browne Theatre. For tickets, please visit www.theatreprojectsmanitoba.ca or call 989-2400.